Comment on page
Rally points are alternative safe landing/waiting destinations for a vehicle in Return mode. A vehicle will typically fly to the closest rally point or home (precise return behavior depends on vehicle configuration).
Rally points are helpful if the takeoff point ("home location") is not a safe place for landing, or when a vehicle may not have sufficient power to return home.
Rally points are shown on the map as a circle containing the letter R. The orange circle indicates the selected rally point (which can be edited or deleted in the Rally Point Editor panel on the right.).
To create Rally Points:
- 1.Open the Plan View and select the Rally button above the editor on the right.
- 2.Select/Enable the Rally Point tool
- 3.Select the map location where a rally point is to be added. A new point will be added to the map as an orange circle containing the text R.
- 4.If needed, use the Rally Point Editor on the right-hand side to specify a precise latitude, longitude and altitude.
- 5.Add as many points as needed.
- 6.When finished, press the Upload button to save the points to the vehicle.
Rally points can only be created if the Rally Point tool is enabled. Existing rally points can be selected at any time.
The rally point editor can be used to modify or delete the selected rally point. The selected rally point is displayed in green on the map (newly created rally points are automatically selected, or choose a rally point on the map to select it).
The editor fields are listed below.
The rally point is deleted by tapping the bin icon.