Initial Vehicle Wiring
Skynode PWM control outputs for motors and servos are connected to the PWM outputs on one or both of the extension adapter boards.
- 1.Disconnect Skynode from power
- 2.Connect the Skynode Primary interface (J4) and the Pixhawk Adapter Board (J11) using a Straight Molex PicoClasp 40-pin interface cable
- 3.Connect the Skynode Secondary interface (J3) and the Pixhawk Adapter Board (J21) using a Straight Molex PicoClasp 40-pin interface cable
- 4.Wire up the Skynode PWM outputs to the ESCS and servos according to the order defined in the PX4 Airframe Reference. If you cannot use an existing airframe configuration because you have a special vehicle type which is not supported by default, you need to create your own airframe configuration. Inside the configuration file you can specify whether you want to plug your motors to the primary or secondary outputs.
- Recommended Skynode mounting orientation (see mounting note below)
- Considerations for Antenna placement (regulatory)
- General recommendations for reducing electromagnetic interference (separation of GPS and Skynode, keep-out zones for ESC wiring, USB wiring etc.).
The data sheet also contains information about the power architecture and other supported peripherals.