The joysticks can be set up in the AMC application. To access the Joystick settings, tap on the Auterion icon in the top left corner, then tap on "Vehicle Setup".
Inside "Vehicle Setup" tap on the "Joystick" menu as shown in the image below. The "General" tab will list all of the detected joystick and button inputs. Ensure the box "Enable joystick input" is checked. Calibrating the joysticks may be required before enabling the joysticks. This process can be initiated in the "Calibration" tab. Calibration should also be performed if the joystick readings are not centered or drift is noticed during flight.
On the "Button Assignment" tab the user can customize the button functions on Skynav, including the 5D pad. The image below is a typical configuration for a drone with a gimbaled camera.
The "Advanced" tab offers further customization options for the Skynav joysticks and buttons. For instance, the stick position that represents zero throttle can be changed, and the shoulder sliders can be enabled or disabled by checking "Enable Gimbal Control". For more information on the Joysticks tab and Advanced features click here.
In order to have access to the LTE functionality of your Skynav, you will need an activated SIM card. The SIM card slot is located inside the battery compartment, as shown on the image below:
The current offering for SIM card is the T-Mobile 2GB data plan
The following is applicable to Skynavs equipped with one of the radios listed below:
- Microhard pDDL1800- 1.8 GHz
- Microhard pMDDL2450 - 2.4 GHz
AMC also has the ability to change additional Microhard settings. These are found in the "Settings" > "Microhard" menu as shown below.
For AMC to utilize the Skynav Microhard radio, several fields will be filled out appropriately. If these settings are correct, AMC will list the Ground Unit in green as "Connected". The settings required for AMC to recognize the Microhard are:
If your Skynav unit was shipped with an alternate configuration, this information will be listed in the supplied shipping documents.
The remainder of the radio settings on this page will be applied to the radio connection when in-use. Note that when AMC is in "Pairing Mode", the settings shown above will be overridden with those specified in the pairing menu if they are different, including Encryption Key, Network ID, and Pairing Channel.
Note: If changes are made in the Microhard web page such as the IP address, login name, or login password: AMC will need to be updated to reflect these new values. Otherwise, AMC will list the Ground Unit as "Disconnected".
- In order to access the advanced radio settings for your particular radio you will need to navigate to the Microhard IP address and enter the correct password
- The IP address of your radio should be 192.168.168.1 unless otherwise specified in your shipping documents.
- Default password
- The default password for your radio is "microhard". This information is also included with you shipment.
- If you would like to change the default password of your Microhard radio, you can do so by navigating to the Microhard web portal > Admin > Change Password and press the Change password button to save your changes.
- Summary page
- Once logged into your the Microhard hard web browser you will be able to see the Microhard summary page, with relevant information of the device.
- Your Skynav can be configured as AES128 or AES256. To configure your Skynav with either one of the settings, navigate to the Microhard web portal > Wireless > RF
Your Skynav serial number can be found on the back of the unit, right below the model number and it is also located underneath the battery.
Drop guard replacements will be included with your Skynav. These can be easily installed by removing the four screws and placing the replacement parts and securing the screws.
As part of the optional accessories, we offer a Chest Strap that facilities the use of the Skynav in the field.
Skynav has 4 mounting holes for the chest strap to be installed. Two holes on the bottom edge of the unit and two at the top as shown in the images below.
Once assembled, the chest strap can be snapped into the clips and Skynav can rest comfortably over the shoulder.