Comment on page
How to update AuterionOS and APX4
AuterionOS and the APX4 firmware are packaged into a single .auterionos file. There are two easy ways for updating your vehicle:
The complete software stack including AuterionOS and APX4 on Skynode can be updated locally using the USB-C interface. This is the preferred update mechanism during development as it enables an offline workflow that does not require an internet connection during the software update.
You need a valid account on the Auterion Suite and a registered Skynode in order to download the Skynode firmware.
- The vehicle needs to be powered on and a network connection to the drone established. The easiest way is usually via USB-C, unless the manufacturer documented a different method in their manual.
- Computer with an internet browser installed. e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari
The vehicle dashboard allows updating AuterionOS by uploading an .auterionos file
- 2.Close Auterion Mission Control if it is currently running on your computer.
- 3.Open an internet browser and navigate to the following URL: http://10.41.1.1. This connects to a local web server on Skynode and displays the web page above. The method of connecting to Skynode as well as its IP address might differ on your vehicle, in which case it would be documented by the vehicle's manufacturer.
- 4.Click Browse files ... to select the software image (example name "aepx4-v2.5.auterionos") with the new release and then click Update.
- 5.A progress bar will indicate the file transfer progress. On completion, Skynode will automatically reboot, verify and perform the update. The complete update process can take up to 5 minutes, please wait until Skynode has rebooted and the successful update is confirmed. You will see the following confirmation.