Auterion Mission Control 1.10 Release Notes
New features targeting a more intuitive mission planning and flying:
- A new tool that enables distance and area measurements with the use of map pins has been added.
- When a mission is loaded the takeoff position is automatically adjusted to match vehicle's actual position.
- The change flight speed waypoint is also available for users running the non developer mode.
- The clear mission button is now enabled even without an active vehicle connection.
- The radius length is now visible on the screen when an orbit action is planned.
- The orbit action radius cannot be smaller than a vehicle defined minimum value.
- A more mobile friendly slider is now used to give the input for various numerical fields.
- A new set of info and warning messages have been added in order to handle smart batteries more effectively.
New features related with the Herelink ground-station controller:
- A mixed architecture that uses direct SBUS and MAVLink messages for the communication with the vehicle has been added.
- The ability to map custom actions transferred though MAVLink on specific Herelink buttons have been added.
Optimisation features for mobile devices with limited resources:
- Map tile caching is only enabled when Offline Map UI is active.
- An option to enable/disable the camera on map projection has been added.
- A camera setting to clear photo icons from the map has been added.
- The 3D scene information is only updated when it is visible.
- The photo gallery is now downloading thumbnails of the captured images. Full sized images are downloaded only on demand to handle bandwidth issues caused by large high resolution images.
- A new status code indicating that Skynode has currently no LTE or WiFi capability has been added.
- Camera pitch and yaw are made configurable for surveys.
- The MAVLink console has been made more user friendly.
- The snapshot sound is played only when a camera command is successful.
The following issues have been resolved:
- At specific cases a false "in-air fault" message was showing.
- At specific cases after mission load the terrain violation indication was not updated.
- The map panning behaviour on Herelink was not responsive at some cases during corridor scans and surveys.
- The gimbal heading and the camera coverage is now indicated on the fly view with an overlay drawing over the area that the camera covers.
- A USB notification icon is added to the camera controls to indicate when a USB drive is plugged into Skynode. The presence of a USB enables the "quick" survey workflow with survey images saved directly on the USB. (Compatible only with AEPX4 2.1 and newer)
- A visual way to preview and load the recently saved missions has been added along with a quick load button for the most recent saved mission.
- The full support of the A7R IV Camera has been added and the list of the officially supported cameras has been updated. (Compatible only with AEPX4 2.1 and newer)
- A Quick Switch button between Thermal and Normal video streaming in Trillium HD40-LV camera has been added. (Compatible only with AEPX4 2.1 and a Trillium HD40-LV Camera)
- MAVLink gimbal v2 protocol has been fully integrated in Auterion Mission Control.
- Additional survey workflow improvements have been implemented:
- The Gimbal points 90 deg down by default when a survey mission is executed.
- During Mission planning the survey green overlay is easily selectable by just clicking on the green overlay.
- During Mission planning the survey is automatically selected for adaptation after it is added.
- An issue blocking the Circular survey option has been resolved.
- The Camera control UI has been adapted to the Herelink screen for maximum usability.
- The AuterionOS update and the WiFi menu settings are now made visible in basic user settings.
- At the Wifi settings menu the "Show password" option was added.
- Auterion Mission Control is now notifying the user when a Microhard radio was used but not connected.
- The following issues have been resolved:
- During Mission planning the flight path prediction was not updated when a loiter point was moved.
- Auterion Mission Control was blocking the AuterionOS update after a failure during update process.
- A video related issue after a camera re-connection was leading the program to not respond.
- The icon that represented the COT used to be inaccurate.