The Pre-Flight Checklist should be run before every flight to verify that the vehicle and planned flight path are safe to fly.
The checklist consists of a number of basic sanity tests that confirm the vehicle is ready and safe to fly, and that the planned flight is also safe. Some of the tests are automatic, while others are manual and must be marked as passed by the user (for example, sensor calibration and GPS lock are automatic tests, while checking that batteries are firmly attached is a manual check).
The tests each have a description, and are colour-coded to indicate their status:
- Green: Test passed.
- Orange: Manual test that still needs to be run (and then marked as passed).
- Red: Automatic test that has either failed or is still in progress.
The checklist is grouped into separate sections. All tests in a section must pass before you can start the next section.
The checks vary based on vehicle type and configuration.
Preflight Checklist: Multicopter, Fixed Wing
Preflight Checklist: VTOL
To use the checklist:
- 1.Select the Checklist button in the Flight View toolbar (a vehicle must be connected).The first screen of the checklist will then be displayed.
- 2.Fix any automatic test failures (red)
- GPS: Test passes (turns green) when the vehicle has a valid position estimate. If this takes too long, move the vehicle to ensure it has a clear view of the sky and is away from buildings.
- Sensors: If it remains red after the vehicle has booted you may need to re-calibrate the sensors.
- 3.Manually confirm that each of the "orange" tests pass by following the instructions in their descriptions. Once completed, tap the associated button to mark the test as passed. For example, to run the VTOL control surface checks, first click a test to move the associated control surface, then confirm the surface moved. The image below shows three tests, each in one of the states: test not run, confirm moved, passed.
- 4.When all the tests in the first section are complete (green), arm the vehicle and start the second section.
- 5.When all the tests in the final section are green, the checklist is complete.
- 6.You're ready to fly!