Freefly RTK GPS
This page describes how to connect the Freefly RTK GPS module to Skynode
- 1.Disconnect Skynode from power.
- 2.Connect Skynode Primary (J4) port and the Pixhawk adapter board using the cable labelled PRIMARY (supplied in the kit).
- 3.If the GPS antenna is not already connected to the GPS receiver, screw it onto the SMA connector on the top side of the receiver.
- 4.Connect the Pixhawk adapter board GPS 1 port and the RTK GPS using the supplied 10-pin to 8-pin JST-GH GPS cable (see below).
- 5.Power up Skynode; the power LED on the GPS module will light up immediately and the status LED will indicate the current state of the flight controller (e.g. ready, armed, failsafe or low battery, see LED Meanings for more details).
The Freefly RTK GPS module included in the Evaluation Kit contains an IST8310 Magnetometer. In order to manually set the magnetometer orientation of your specific mounting orientation relative to Skynode, use the picture below. It depicts Skynode and the GPS module in the zero-rotation configuration. This is not the recommended mounting orientation for products, but serves as an illustrative baseline to determine the proper parameter setting for your own setup.